Amazon Planet Tambopata Lodge is a rustic ecolodge located within a private reserve adjacent to a wildlife hotspot in the area, the Taricaya Ecological Reserve, and a 30-minute boat ride to Sandoval Lake in the Tambopata National Reserve, part of the Amazon, in Southeastern Peru.
Its bungalows, built in 2010, comprise spacious bedrooms including double, twin, triple and a villa all with private bathrooms and terraces.
Bookings include all meals and transfers. Guided jungle excursions such as to Sandoval Lake and adventure activities such as trekking, biking and fishing can be booked at the lodge.
Guests can book a visit to the property’s animal rescue centre and explore the conservation efforts happening in the Taricaya Ecological Reserve. You are also offered the chance to meet a native family.
Amazon Planet Tambopata Lodge is 1.5 hours by boat from Puerto Maldonado and 30 minutes by boat to Sandoval Lake. Adjacent to the Taricaya Ecological Reserve.
Facilities and Activities at Amazon Planet Tambopata Lodge
- Meals are included with your booking.
- Free transfers to and from the airport / coach station
- Special diet, vegetarian and vegan menus on request
- English, French, German, Spanish-speaking staff
- Large open-plan lounge and restaurant areas
- Wake-up service
- No Internet access available
- No parking available
- Laundry service (additional charge)
- Rooms have private bathrooms and terraces
- Free toiletries
- All rooms protected from mosquitos
- Fans in rooms
- Hammock area