Inkaterra Reserva Amazónica is an eco-luxury jungle lodge on the banks of the Madre de Dios River. It is set in a 12,000-hectare (46 square miles) private ecological reserve adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve, part of the Amazon, in Southeastern Peru.
Lodging consists of 35 beautiful private wooden cabins inspired by Amazon design. All have a screened porch area with hammocks and armchairs and private bathrooms with warm water showers. “Suite” cabins are larger (60 or 78 instead of 38 square metres) and some include a private plunge pool.
Bookings include all meals (candle-lit in the evenings), fascinating a-la-carte guided excursions including tours of Lake Sandoval, the Inkaterra Canopy Walkway, jungle day treks and night walks and a transfer service from the airport to the lodge.
Excursions to Valencia Lake, and a full-day bird-watching tour are subject to a surcharge.
Optional extras at the lodge also include use of a massage spa overlooking the rainforest and a celebration pack including a bottle of champagne and cake.
Inkaterra Reserva Amazónica is a 45-minute boat ride from Puerto Maldonado. Visitors are picked up at the airport, and then taken to the lodge by motorised canoe.
Inkaterra is a Peruvian organisation with over 40 years’ experience in nature travel and ecological research and part of its profits are used to fund conservation and social initiatives through ITA (Inkaterra Asociación), its not-for-profit association.
Facilities and Activities at Inkaterra Reserva Amazónica
- Meals and a-la-carte guided excursions are included with your booking
- Low impact electricity (no Internet access available)
- Warm water showers
- Main building, with views of rainforest, includes a spacious dining room, cocktail bar and lounge area.
- Shuttle service included to and from Puerto Maldonado airport
- Tour guides speak English and Spanish. Other languages upon request, subject to a surcharge.
- Luggage storage available
- Laundry service
- No parking available
- Gift shop
Surcharges apply to the following services and activities
- Spa offering massages and other treatments
- Private excursion service and private interpreter services
- Celebration pack including champagne, Ese-Eja greeting card, souvenir, cake and VIP toiletries
- Regional musical group
- Child explorer’s kit
- Binoculars rental
- Full day bird-watching tour
- Lake Valencia excursion
- Guests stay in private luxurious bungalows with a screened porch area with hammocks and armchairs
- Private bathrooms
- Rooms equipped with ceiling fans, lanterns, flashlights, umbrellas and an electric outlet
- All beds canopied with mosquito netting and come with 100% cotton sheets and hypoallergenic pillows
- Complimentary organic bath products
- Bathrobes and Andean slippers provided
- The most exclusive bungalows include a private plunge pool and a hidden outdoor shower
- All visits include access to Inkaterra’s Canopy Walkway and other facilities (see Activities, below)
Activities (all included in accommodation booking)
Guests configure their own itineraries upon arrival by selecting the excursions preferred between those offered (an Inkaterra member of staff helps guests decide). They include:
- Excursion to Lake Sandoval
- Inkaterra Canopy Walkway
- Jungle day walks
- Jungle nightwalks
- Caiman search
- Amazon botanical garden
- Palm swamp boardwalk