Monte Amazónico Lodge is a quiet, rustic lodge located very close to the banks of the Madre de Dios River in the Tambopata National Reserve, part of the Amazon, in Southeastern Peru. It is located just 500 metres (1640 ft.) from a Monkey Island. It is also close to Sandoval Lake.
Its 30 rooms are bright and spacious and all have private bathrooms. Rooms also feature a private balcony where you can relax on hammocks while enjoying views of the surrounding rainforest. Guests can choose between single, double, twin and family bedrooms.
Accommodation bookings come with all meals and a tour of the rainforest, which includes activities such as a visit to Sandoval Lake, the Monkey Island, a Canopy Walkway and a parrot clay lick where you might see Blue Headed Parrots, Dusky-Headed Parakeet, Mealy Parrot and the elusive Blue Headed Macaw and the Severe (Chestnut Fronted) Macaw.
The trip to Monte Amazónico Lodge is a small adventure – you will be picked up at Puerto Maldonado airport and driven for 15 minutes and then taken on some 4×4 roads and finally you get to the Lodge via a 30 minute boat trip.
Facilities and Activities at Monte Amazónico Lodge
- A rainforest tour is included with your booking
- A generator provides electricity in the evenings to recharge batteries
- Transfer service included to and from Puerto Maldonado airport
- Large restaurant with views of rainforest
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pool
- Luggage storage available
- 24-hour reception
- Special diet meals can be provided with prior notice
- English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Russian and Italian spoken
- Tour desk
- Wake-up service
- Room service
- Internet not available
- No parking available
- Private bathrooms
- All rooms equipped with mosquito nets, screened windows and private balconies with hammocks with views of rainforest
- Rooms are private but not soundproof (wooden walls)
- Canopy walkway, zip-line and jungle trails nearby
- Outdoor terrace
- Outdoor swimming pool
Activities included with the accommodation
- Sandoval Lake
- Monkey Island
- Canopy Walkway
- Parrot clay lick