Wasai Puerto Maldonado Ecolodge is a comfortable ecolodge on the banks of the Madre de Dios River very near the centre of Puerto Maldonado in Southeastern Peru and the Madre de Dios boat dock. It features an outdoor swimming pool with a waterfall and one of the best restaurants in the region.
Guests stay in one of the lodge’s bungalows, which are fitted with single, double, twin or triple beds as required. Bungalows are spacious and come equipped with a private bathroom with hot water, air conditioning, and cable TV.
The bungalows and the restaurant are raised on stilts allowing visitors to enjoy great views over the river and the surrounding vegetation. There are sloths and monkeys in the lodge grounds.
There is a tour desk on-site to arrange trips in the rainforest and the town.
Wasai Puerto Maldonado Eco Lodge is 100 metres from the main square in Puerto Maldonado and 10 minutes from the airport by mototaxi.
This lodge is run by Wasai Lodge & Expeditions, a Peruvian organisation with over 25 years’ experience formed by professional guides, biologists, volunteers and local people. It also runs the Wasai Tambopata Lodge.
Facilities and Activities at Wasai Puerto Maldonado Ecolodge
- Hot water showers
- Free Wi-Fi in public areas
- Tour desk
- Restaurant offering regional and international dishes
- Bicycle and motorbike rentals
- Luggage storage
- Laundry service
- Private parking onsite (supplement applies)
- 24-hour reception
- Rooms have private bathrooms, air conditioning and cable TV
- River or jungle views from the rooms
- Swimming pool with a poolside bar
- Tour desk offers half and full day excursions of the rainforest and the town